FOS 402 AND PRISM APPLICATION
FOR FOS 402 APPLICATIONS:
IMPORTANT NOTE: DEADLINE FOR 402 REGISTRATION IS THE 3rd WEEK AFTER THE START OF CLASSES
1. You must fill out this form: https://jstop.jjay.cuny.edu/forms/Application_for_FOS_402.pdf
How to fill the form:
- Write your inform in the 'Completed by student'
- Make sure you mark the correct Semester and Year
Under Course Description:
YOU MUST WRITE YOUR CHOSEN TOPIC OF RESEARCH
- if you don't have one, I suggest you look at our Research Page.
- Students wanting to join the Corthals Lab and not knowing their general topic of research will no longer be accepted
- After your topic of research, cut and paste this: Student will carry out the scientific research, focus on formulation of hypotheses, perform a literature review, and produce a scientific paper
Under Material Used:
- Cut and Paste: Texts from Lloyd Sealy online Library and databases will be sourced, as well as specialized archives for the topic of research if necessary
Under Required Assignments:
- Cut and Paste: Literature Review, Lab Notebook & Final Report/Paper and Presentation may all be required. Additional requirements, such as creating a GitHub page for codes may be required.
Under Method(s) of Evaluation:
- Cut and Paste: Oral and written report will be required. Peer-reviewed publication will be encouraged.
EMPTY FORMS WILL NO LONGER BE ACCEPTED - your email request will not be answered
2. You must get the form signed by your mentor - send by email, or leave by Dr. C's door. You will pick it up from there too
3. You must go to the PRISM office/email Dr. Edgardo Sanabria-Valentín who will make a copy and give it back to you for the registrar (DO NOT GO TO DR. EDGARDO BEFORE COMPLETING 1 and 2!)
FOR PRISM APPLICATIONS:
Research undergraduates at John Jay should first apply and be accepted into to the PRISM Undergraduate Research Program. You can apply here: Undergraduate Research Application